• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

How much 1.4 still works?

Tomate

I have GM 1.4 and I would like to know if games I make with it will work in recent versions of Android and iOS for example

FrostyCat

GMS 1.4's mobile exports have been disqualified on both Google Play and iOS Store due to store policy changes after August 2018. You might still be able build and run locally with an old enough SDK setup, but you definitely won't be able to put it up for sale.

GMS 1.4's mobile exports have been disqualified on both Google Play and iOS Store due to store policy changes after August 2018. You might still be able build and run locally with an old enough SDK setup, but you definitely won't be able to put it up for sale.
Is it still cool to program in 1.4 then port to 2.0 to upload to the mobile stores?

ophelius

If you have version 2, then just design your game in version 2. If not, the pro version isn't that much, if you're serious about being a developer and sell games, I would recommend getting the license. You'll always have the newest GM build with improvements and bug fixes.

Porting from version 1.4 to 2 will leave your project full of internal scripts created by GM's import routines in order to create the same functionality between the old deprecated functions and the new ones that work differently. I tried it a while back, your project turns into a mess of tangled scripts.

Bottom line, what you're suggesting is not recommended and should be used only if you can't avoid it because of a large project that's already finished that was written in 1.4. You would then have to spend a lot of time recoding a lot of stuff. Just code in version 2.

Last edited: