Forum Game How many words can you type per-minute?

S

Sabrina Stoakes

I always suck at these things. Not even gonna post my result. LOL :D
Awwww, we all gotta start somewhere <3

I usually get around 70 WPM also. My preferred typing speed test website is this one: https://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu

I don't like the one you posted that much, you can't correct mistakes after hitting space and constantly scrolling text is harder to read.
I'll have to check that one out soon! :D I didn't like the scrolling thing on the one I've been using because it made me focus too much on it moving haha.

This is mainly what I use to practice, when I get bored.
Omg, yours is about as high as my friends was. He was over yesterday and I was like, "I bet you can't beat mine" and he was like, "BET" then proceeded to get 89wpm LOL. I'll give that one a go!

RollyBug

My first go at it. Kind of trippy, none of the other tests I've ever taken scroll to the left like that.

Usually I hover between 90-110. I like the test.

Jabbers

This was my effort. Usually my accuracy is higher but I found this test harder because of the way the text scrolls (very hard to read at fast typing) and I also had trouble trying to correct mistakes that it wouldn't let me fix.

I usually get around 70 WPM also. My preferred typing speed test website is this one: https://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu
I tried your test and it gave me 130 WPM with 2 mistakes. I feel like that test might a too forgiving, because usually I get 115 - 125 WPM depending what test I use.

M

MishMash

Mediocre result compared to my norm. Agreed this test is very clunky, can barely read the moving text and then mistakes make it suddenly stop which mucks up the rhythm even more. Haven't done one of these in a while, so a bit rusty, usually scoring in the 120s on other tests (ignoring grammar), and my best is 134. This test also mucked me up multiple times on the word "colorable" (which appeared twice in my test), because I read it, and being from the UK, my brain processes it as "colourable" (which is the British spelling) :S

This is my fav: https://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english

Doing one just now, made a few mistakes as again, rusty but happy with that:

I find 10fastfingers far easier as I read 2 or 3 words ahead of where i'm typing to get my hands ready. The main stall on the dodgy octopus one is that I have a very slight pause between each word as I have to re-adjust.

S

Sabrina Stoakes

To everyone getting over 100wpm. What is life like with 20 fingers?

M

MishMash

Oh my

<snip>
Impressive :) Tbh, I think it's a slightly easier one, as the standard test uses the top 100 most common words in the English language. I find the 1000 words version more difficult, though it makes sense, as muscle memory is a big part of typing speed for me, especially as I don't have a proper hand placement.

flerpyderp

I don't like the one you posted that much, you can't correct mistakes after hitting space and constantly scrolling text is harder to read.
I've used this quite a few times since you posted it and I went from around 75 WPM, to now averaging around 91.

My typing technique is not efficient, I use all four fingers on my left hand but do the majority of my right hand typing with my fore and middle finger, my ring finger and pinky are hardly used. I wonder if this is from over a decade and a half of playing guitar and bass.

Last edited:

Jabbers

Interesting flerpyderp. I would say I do a similar thing. My right hand is moving all over the place trying to peck with a few fingers, but I utilise my left better and move it less. I didn't play an instrument before I adopted this technique, although I do play the piano now. As MishMash said, it's all about the muscle memory for me too. I don't really think when I type, it just happens intuitively, and I assume that is how most people type fast. It's almost subconscious. I wonder if playing an instrument can help.

RollyBug

I wonder if playing an instrument can help.
Might be on to something, I play piano also. I don't really see a difference in individual finger efficiency. I have a slightly harder time typing numbers and punctuation, and obviously don't use one of my thumbs, but those are pretty much expected.

woods

i donno about wordsperminute.. but i can type 3pages withoutlooking upat mymonitor ;o)
WASD

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
How many words can you type per-minute?
It all depends on what I write.

If it's about music theory or history, I can write 78423 words in one minute.

If it's about vegetables, I write three words in one minute.

Brocoli.... Carrot... Sprout...

This took me an entire minute to write.