• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How many days should you work on your game in a week?

Usually, I work on my game 5 times a week from Monday-Friday. Sometimes, I work on my game less than 5 days a week or don't work on my game during that weekday. Normally, I work on my game for less than an hour a day. Is it okay to work on your game on Saturdays?

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Don't overwork yourself, you won't get anything done if you aren't motivated. It might not feel FUN all the time - because there's actual work involved - but if you're forcing yourself to work more just to meet some arbitrary quota you're planning your work wrong. If you're just doing indie games as a hobby, then work when you feel like it. If you're making commercial games, make sure to work on them enough that you actually get games done at a reasonable rate. But make sure you take breaks, because burning yourself out will just lower your productivity in the long run.

RangerX

This is delicate to answer of a question.
One thing is for sure though:

1- You need to work enough during a week or a day so you can feel there's progress
2- You need to not work too much so your project doesn't become tiring or taking a toll on other important aspects of your life

So its all about striking the balance. The line is different for everybody.