• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

How many computers can I install GameMaker Studio 2 on?

A

allo0

I know the answer is 3 ,but for some odd reason it seems complicated to me.
Lets say I have an upgraded copy of GMS1.4 Pro and i give the 60$ for the upgrade.
How can i alongside with 2 friends use it simultaneously?

sorry if this is already solved and mentioned.Thanks in advance

jujubs

This limit regards instances that can run simultaneously or just installations? 'Cause I'm used to installing other engines like Unity and Unreal on a bunch of PCs, but I never log in on my account on more than one at the same time.

gnysek

I know the answer is 3 ,but for some odd reason it seems complicated to me.
Lets say I have an upgraded copy of GMS1.4 Pro and i give the 60$ for the upgrade.
How can i alongside with 2 friends use it simultaneously?

sorry if this is already solved and mentioned.Thanks in advance
If you bought a licence, only you should use it. You can install it on as many PC you wan't but from what I remember, upon 6th activation the 1st one became invalid, so only 5 machines at time. However, logging in at same time on several machines, may cause your licence to be banned.
Generally, there's no problem to install on new system when old one won't be used anymore, and keeping it on 2-3 computers which are yours (let's say home pc, notebook and office if employee allows you), but sharing it with other people which use it at same time is asking YYG to ban it sooner or later.

M

MiB

Just to be sure, can I use it on two computers at the same time? PC to open an old project and MAC to create a new project?

K

Kaijyuu

so, if I have GMS2 in a new PC and an old laptop (notebook) if I get a new notebook I wont be able to install it because I would have installed on 3 pcs? what if I uninstall it from my old laptop? I just paid 100$ and I really don't want to get banned so fast! I would not use them simultaniously but I would use my PC now in 3 hours (turn my PC of) and use my notebook and later (turn my notebook off) and use my PC again... can someone please clear this up for me?

so, if I have GMS2 in a new PC and an old laptop (notebook) if I get a new notebook I wont be able to install it because I would have installed on 3 pcs? what if I uninstall it from my old laptop? I just paid 100$ and I really don't want to get banned so fast! I would not use them simultaniously but I would use my PC now in 3 hours (turn my PC of) and use my notebook and later (turn my notebook off) and use my PC again... can someone please clear this up for me?
I'm sure what you plan to do is ok.

If you want to go a step further, just to give you ease of mind. Go to your yoyogames.com account, login, look under SETTINGS - SESSIONS. Press the red REVOKE button for the old laptop.