Windows How far can the Mac build machine be to export to?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Cameron Parks, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cameron Parks

Cameron Parks Member

I don't have a Mac and don't plan on getting one, but my friend does and he said I can use his computer for porting to OSX, but I'm in U.S and he is in Canada. Is it possible to export to over this large of a distance? I prefer him to not see the source code, that's why I don't just send that and then let him export through his Mac IDE.

2. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

You can export to anywhere in the Universe provided they have a working Mac and valid gamemaker license.

There are online Virtual Macs you can rent if you don't want to send it to your friend.

3. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

4. WWAZman

WWAZman Member

signing it without a iMac computer of your own is going to be a massive pain in the butt if you plan on releasing it on the Apple store. I'd reconsider letting your friend see the source code, make him sign a release if necessary, and go from there. You have to sign it with *your* Apple Developer ID on the computer, and then use that same Apple ID to upload it.