• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

How does gp_select work for a PS4 Controller

Zuljaras

Hello everyone,

In my game the map is accessed via the select button on a controller. On the PS4 controller this is the PS button. I wonder WHY is it not the face plate button? If you port your game on PS4 will this redirect you to the dashboard? Any info on the subject?

O.Stogden

On PS4, the touchpad is activated with the device_mouse_* functions. So it essentially acts like a mouse. I presume you can use that function to make it activate with a touchpad press.

Would be best to have a way of checking what controller players are using and then setting your map button accordingly.