1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Question - IDE How does GMS2 respond to foreign characters in the IDE itself?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Tirous, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Tirous

Tirous Member

Good day, lads! :D

GMS had this issue in which foreign characters would cause odd spacing issues in the IDE.

So could one of copy the following string into a script and mess about with it to see if theres still a issue.

私の日本語はよくないです。

Thanks! :D

2. Baku

Baku Member

I'm not sure what odd spacing issues there were in GMS1, but for me in GMS2 those Japanese characters display just fine, but there definitely is some weird spacing.

Their width looks to be about ~1.6 spaces, instead of 2 spaces like I would've probably expected. Tried a bunch of fonts, all behaved like this.

Hope that helps.

3. rwkay

rwkay YoYo Games Staff YYG Staff

Bear in mind that none of us can read any of these character sequences and are in no way fluent in any non-Latin languages, but we have tried to be as Unicode compliant as we could, if you find any problems then let us know...

You should be able to try it yourself now as we lifted the Beta acceptance cap earlier this week so please try it out yourself.

Russell