• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker how do you move the game window on desktop after the executable is made?

so I haven't finished any real projects and made an executable for fun but I couldn't move the window after I launched the game and it was pinned to the center of the screen.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Click and drag the window of the game by the title bar.

If the game doesn't have a title bar (because you disabled it), you can implement it yourself via window_set_position and the mouse functions.

yes. basically, I can click on the bar and it pauses the animation as long as I hold the click and I can minimize the window or close it but nothing else. it is a default new project GML and all I did was import this sprite and create the object with this sprite with a green room background with an altered room size of 128 by 128 then made the executable.

Attachments

Nidoking

For a test, could you make the game window bigger and see what happens? It looks like there isn't enough title bar to fit all of the buttons that go there, so the buttons are occupying the whole title bar and there isn't anywhere to grab and drag.