• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics How do you make spritesheets?

P

person12346

I want to make my own, but can't find any tutorials online.

rIKmAN

I want to make my own, but can't find any tutorials online.
You can use most art programs to place images into a spritesheet - Photoshop, Gimp, Pyxel Edit, Aseprite, Paint.NET etc
You can also use GMS / GMS2 by loading in the individual images as frames and then exporting them as a spritesheet, or use a tool such as GlueIt or similar.

As a note - there's no need to use ALL CAPS for your thread title, it's bad forum etiquette and people will still see it and respond if you write normally like everyone else.

Toque

Should be a few on YouTube.

Udemy has some pixel art tutorials. Almost all of them cover tiles. Thanks

D

Deleted member 13992

Personally I wouldn't go with the automated tool route. Since what happens if you want to add a frame of a character? The tool "reoptimizes" where things are, shuffles them around, and then you have to redo the sprite coords.

It's not hard to do it manually.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question?