Discussion How do you like your heroine? Omni Link - Scifi Adventure (manga, GM game, art, video & music)

R

Roencia

Dawn is the type who will take you down and do it with a straight face. She's protective, and obeys without question, and best of all she's not real.

Designed with advanced technology from a civilization long extinct, she is truly one of a kind. She will surprise you with new abilities around every turn... her most powerful ability is Omni Link which I won't spoil what that does.

----

I have the wonderful opportunity to announce that my Game Maker video game "Omni Link" is becoming a Manga!

I have to raise a bit of money to hire some help to complete it and I'm looking for editors, translators, representation etc... The manga looks great already! Lots of images, a video, music, a the game.
Omni Link Kickstarter Link - click to support project

Omni Link is AAA in quality and is definitely grass-roots. Even the theme song was sung by a family member. I should mention I'm so grateful to all those who helped me get this far. Watch the video and let me know what you think. In the meantime, take a look at some other characters and tell me how do you like your hero/heroine?

Arcadia Is sporting some really fine weaponry that's merged biologically with her arm which she invented herself. She carries a massive burden which overshadows her truly caring and normally cheery personality.

She has a lot of emotion and energy built up through the years. In fact, around 150 years worth and she's about to let it all go in one shot.

Keb is the average guy that represents you and me. He's calm and collected and chill, well... most of the time. You can count on him to look at things positively even though life hasn't been that good for him.

Suzumi is adventure wrapped in a small bundle. Her origin is somewhat of a mystery. She redefines the meaning of... "You're cute when you're angry."

You won't see many like her, and there's a reason for that. She wants to become strong, and if she can, she'll make 10x the difference literally.

This is the first time Malthus got caught. He's normally adept at keeping himself invisible. This works in his favor as the most powerful being in the universe pays him no attention, but he's not to be ignored.

His talents include getting into places he shouldn't and especially &d8 defea.. u&98%^..can't..999##!

There are many more characters with rich backgrounds interwoven throughout the story that make Omni Link an epic tale.

Manga Sample:

I think your KS is way too vague, and I think you're trying to do too many things at once. Why the hell are you talking about an anime adaptation for something that doesn't even exist yet?! One thing at a time, man! The whole KS page came across as very unfocused, confusing, and unrealistic.

I think you should relaunch focusing ONLY on the VN or manga, whichever you want to launch first. Nobody is going to care about a multi media spanning ultra franchise for something they've never even heard about. One step at a time. Your VN actually looked good in the gifs. Why the 💩💩💩💩 didn't you show it in the TRAILER?! :p

If your project fails, it's not going to be because your VN or manga was bad. It's going to be because you barely showed anything, want to do way too much at once, and had a very confusing campaign page. If you showed JUST your VN, and did it well, you could probably ask closer to $10k, and you'd probably get it. Refocus and make some money.

And ditch the random snippets of Japanese. Nobody wants to give money to a weeblord. Not even fellow weeblords like myself. Good luck with your project. It looks good. Advertise it better!!

R

Roencia

I think your KS is way too vague, and I think you're trying to do too many things at once. Why the hell are you talking about an anime adaptation for something that doesn't even exist yet?! One thing at a time, man! The whole KS page came across as very unfocused, confusing, and unrealistic.

I think you should relaunch focusing ONLY on the VN or manga, whichever you want to launch first. Nobody is going to care about a multi media spanning ultra franchise for something they've never even heard about. One step at a time. Your VN actually looked good in the gifs. Why the **** didn't you show it in the TRAILER?! :p

If your project fails, it's not going to be because your VN or manga was bad. It's going to be because you barely showed anything, want to do way too much at once, and had a very confusing campaign page. If you showed JUST your VN, and did it well, you could probably ask closer to $10k, and you'd probably get it. Refocus and make some money.
---------------------------------

Hi RichHopelessCom,

Certainly one man's opinion and your entitled to it. Edit 2: I decided to edit my message again, because I tend to come off defensive. I don't mean to be that way, but I was taken back by your words. But I want to give you some stats and give you some numbers so I kept what I wrote below.

To start off, let me give you some stats, for every 1 person that watches the video, I make $4.00. I don't know about you, but that's way better than YouTube monetization. Two weeks before I launched the Kickstarter, I opened up a preview page and sent it to many people. They offered constructive feedback and I changed some things because of it.

Your Quotes:

"Your VN actually looked good in the gifs. Why the **** didn't you show it in the TRAILER?!"
- This Kickstarter is for a Manga, not a visual novel.

"Why the hell are you talking about an anime adaptation for something that doesn't even exist yet?!"
- I'm not. This Kickstarter is for a Manga, not an Anime. I mention that my dream would be to make it into an anime.

"I think you should relaunch focusing ONLY on the VN or manga"
- I'm not making an anime, the Kickstarter is only for the Manga, and the Visual Novel is already launched. The manga is well on it's way to already being completed and the visual novel is nearing completion as well. All rewards will be delivered this year. If you want to buy the game, go to Steam. * I should mention I don't mind relaunching should the need arrive.

"If your project fails, it's not going to be because your VN or manga was bad. It's going to be because you barely showed anything"
- My Visual Novel has 100% positive reviews on Steam... but focusing on the Manga, I feel like I show many things. I show a Video, all the major characters, and original song, two pages from the manga, several hand painted scenes, several gifs from the video game which is a reward for those donating to the Kickstarter.

Is there anything you want me to show? I would like to hire proper editors and translators and not spoil the whole Manga on a Kickstarter page if possible

Edit:

I just had someone on Facebook offer to translate the text for proper Japanese wording. People like that is what I need for this project and will hire. The funds of this Kickstarter are not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TonyCold

I'll just go ahead and simply answer your Question. All characters I really like are those who are serious, a bit cocky, Those with a strong personality and a mysterious one. Those who had suffered their entire life.
2nd type: Those fun persons who don't give sadness a chance to enter them but when It comes to those who they love, They simply turn into monsters...
By the way, Good Luck with your Manga, I really liked those drawings and everything else.

R

Roencia

Your two types are definitely great. I think it's everyone's dream to have some characters they design come to life. I just may have someone like you mentioned in my story.

R

Roencia

A went ahead and edited those parts that may have been confusing for people RichHopelessCom. A few pieces of text in the page and a new video is rendering and will be uploaded as soon as ready. I also made a FAQ.

R

Roencia

Hi Yokcos,

You like your heroin directly into the veins, lol! Does that mean a vampire?

EDIT: I won't do this with every question posed :), but I updated the Kickstarter page again based off your question.

To answer your question, Omni Link is not a romance (in the novel sort of sense), but it has romance in it, and love in general is part of the story. I wouldn't say it's a space opera either, it's more an action flick, but does have some intense dramatic moments.

It features the characters above and a few more not posted who as part of a crew overcome hardships, and loss, as they come together to stop an entity called the Virus. The is action oriented with cool fights, intense action space combat and epic brawls.

The story focuses more on finding out what's real and what's pretend, as suggested with the song in the video, there is someone wondering if the love they feel is real or returned. Dawn (aka ectype d-7) is a hologram becoming human throughout the story. Arcadia has lost her past and doubts if her mission is possible, and Keb is trying to build a future while watching everything be taken away. The Virus itself... unnamed, remains a mystery. What you're told in the story surrounding this mystery may not be true, but in testing I've been able to convince the reader to think they know what's going on.

I think this is something that hasn't been done before in this manner. I'm adding to this a heavy dose of really cool fights such as you'd find in your favorite shows. And believe me, some of the characters and abilities are really cool. The best being Omni Link.

Last edited by a moderator: