• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM How do I use extension(s)?

A

Alexander Olofsson

Hello! I'll write down the problems here.
First off:

Is there any way to move around the GUI without having to use X and Y coordinates with coding?
Or, is there a way to run the game and then change the code, for example I change the variable HP from 50 to 200 and then in the game it would do that?
There's a example of Notch using the engine WHILST the game is running.

But, I also found an extension that allows you to change the values real time. But I don't know how to use it.
How do I install an extension? How would I use it? The extension is called HOA gGUI.

T

Ting_Thing

An extension that you find in the Yoyogames Marketplace is basically a mini Game Maker file that you merge with your game. After you purchase/get the extension, it saves to your "library," which is like a personal cloud service with your yoyogames account. Open Game Maker and under "Marketplace" open your library. From there you can download the extension and add it t your game file.

I hope that helps,
Ting_Thing

Paskaler

Saddly, you can't change code while running. Notch is coding in Java and, atleast in Eclipse(IDE you see in the video, you can use a feature called HotSwap and change code while running with the exception of declaring entirely new methods and classes. Pretty damn nifty.