Legacy GM How do I spawn Knuckles?

A

Auction Lemon

So I have been using this Sonic Engine for Game Maker Studio and it works fine and all, but I can't seem to figure out how to play as Knuckles in the game. He is in the code, but when I test out the engine, you play as Sonic and, for the life of me, I can't seem to play as Knuckles. I looked through the code, but I couldn't find a way to play as him. Can someone please help me find a way to play as him in this engine? Here is a link to the engine if you need a look. https://forums.sonicretro.org/?showtopic=31723 Thanks in advance.

D

Dibb

Just plug your sonic 2 into Sonic and knuckles passthrough port and you can play as knuckles. (Here 5 mins and already causing trouble with my retro refs)

A

Auction Lemon

Just plug your sonic 2 into Sonic and knuckles passthrough port and you can play as knuckles. (Here 5 mins and already causing trouble with my retro refs)
I am talking about a Game Maker Engine not the actual games. Also to BattleRifle I tried to contact the creator, but I could not find his email and his aol account doesn't work. And if the link I left in my post isn't in my post, look up Sonic game maker engine on google and it should be the first result. It is on the Sonic Retro website.

Not quite sure what that is, but try going to the room and placing a knuckles instance in the start position after deleting sonic?

A

Auction Lemon

Not quite sure what that is, but try going to the room and placing a knuckles instance in the start position after deleting sonic?
I can't do that because all the playable characters are in one object. It is kinda hard for me to explain and it is best if you look at the engine yourself and see what I mean.

R

r7465

Just do this

Player's step event (add this code)
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_space) {
instance_create(x,y,whatever sonic object's name is)
hspeed = -4}

create knuckles object
user defined event (1): Add this code in it "copy_object(whatever sonic object's name is)". Don't worry if the text is black
Create event: hspeed = -4

A

Auction Lemon

Just do this

Player's step event (add this code)
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_space) {
instance_create(x,y,whatever sonic object's name is)
hspeed = -4}

create knuckles object
user defined event (1): Add this code in it "copy_object(whatever sonic object's name is)". Don't worry if the text is black
Create event: hspeed = -4
I really suggest you look at the engine because I don't think I can go what you are offering in this engine.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I can't do that because all the playable characters are in one object. It is kinda hard for me to explain and it is best if you look at the engine yourself and see what I mean.
Quickly inspecting the project, there's objGameData which has the following in Create event:
Code:
character_id[0] = 1;
You can replace that 1 with cSONIC, cTAILS, or cKNUCKLES for different characters. Setting it to 0 does not spawn a character for the player.

A

Auction Lemon

Quickly inspecting the project, there's objGameData which has the following in Create event:
Code:
character_id[0] = 1;
You can replace that 1 with cSONIC, cTAILS, or cKNUCKLES for different characters. Setting it to 0 does not spawn a character for the player.
THANK YOU! You are a real one.

R

RetroKingofHarts

I really suggest you look at the engine because I don't think I can go what you are offering in this engine.
Funny... I think if you looked through the code you could've found this as well as anyone else...

If not, then the engine is too advanced for you to use... and you should start off with something more simple.