Windows How do I solve this? (FIXED)

Mr Magnus

Viking King
In the create event of Object1, at line 2, there is a malformed assignment. It probably is that you used "=" in an if expression instead of "==", but without seeing the event in question it's hard to tell.

chamaeleon

In the create event of Object1, at line 2, there is a malformed assignment. It probably is that you used "=" in an if expression instead of "==", but without seeing the event in question it's hard to tell.
Sadly, GMS allows single = for comparison purposes.

I'm not entirely sure what runs in a PreCreate event (edit: probably wrong to call it an event, but I'll let my sloppiness stand), but perhaps it's a malformed object variable in the object editor.

Josefine98

There is no "Create" event in Object 1...so I'm not sure what the issue is

It's fixed everyone, sorry
Would you be so kind as to share your solution?

I get a PreCreate error now that I updated to 2022.5, and I have now idea what this error means nor how to fix it, and there's no documentation to refer to...only a blog post about the new feature. So, I reverted to a previous version of GameMaker.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Unlikely. The person you quoted hasn't been active in over a year. Please post your own topic (in general, not just in this particular case). Chances are high that your issue has nothing to do with the one discussed in this topic.

I fixed the PreCreate errors in my game by removing Variable Definitions from objects and moved the variables into Create events. I'm now on the latest IDE and runtime, which is a relief.