• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How do i send people my game!?

G

GamingDragomachina

So, last time i was on this forum (and GameMaker itself for that matter...) I was using the trial version. Recently, in fact only a couple days ago, a got the $99 permanent license to Game Maker that says it allows me to publish my games to basically any PC system. However, i still can't seem to figure out how to send it to people. I tried going to export the project, and that just made a version of the game that only i could play and use.

Can someone please tell me how to export/publish my game so others can play it? Any help is appreciated.

You have several options:
  • Build -> Create Executable
  • Ctrl+F8
  • This icon:
createExecutable.png

All do the same thing. I also recommend packaging as a .zip file just to make your game less of a hassle to run and share.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Most e-mail systems (and probably Discord and other IMs) also block sending executable files, so you might need to upload the game to a place like Dropbox or Gamejolt and then give your friends / family / potential employers a download link to that, rather than sending it directly.