How do i send people my game!?

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by GamingDragomachina, Jun 26, 2019.

1. GamingDragomachina

GamingDragomachina Member

So, last time i was on this forum (and GameMaker itself for that matter...) I was using the trial version. Recently, in fact only a couple days ago, a got the $99 permanent license to Game Maker that says it allows me to publish my games to basically any PC system. However, i still can't seem to figure out how to send it to people. I tried going to export the project, and that just made a version of the game that only i could play and use.

Can someone please tell me how to export/publish my game so others can play it? Any help is appreciated.

2. nacho_chicken

nacho_chicken Member

You have several options:
    • Build -> Create Executable
    • Ctrl+F8
    • This icon:
    createExecutable.png

All do the same thing. I also recommend packaging as a .zip file just to make your game less of a hassle to run and share.

Yal and Wigfrid like this.
  3. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

Most e-mail systems (and probably Discord and other IMs) also block sending executable files, so you might need to upload the game to a place like Dropbox or Gamejolt and then give your friends / family / potential employers a download link to that, rather than sending it directly.