How do I send an email with game maker?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Markus Villalobos, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Markus Villalobos

Markus Villalobos Member

Can someone give me a dummy explanation of how I could send an email using game maker?

I find tutorials on how to do this on other languages like java or python, but I can't find anything for game maker.

I'm not super familiar with concepts like SMTP, PHP, or email servers, but from my research I've seen people talk about these things, although I don't know if they are even necessary to acheive this.

I'll explain what I'm trying to do so you can get a better idea.
    Basically, I have a login system, and if you forget your password, I want the game to be able to send a code to your email that you can use to reset your password.

Thanks in advance!

2. sp202

sp202 Member

If the email host you use has an API you can use an API call to send an email.

3. Markus Villalobos

Markus Villalobos Member

Alright, I did some research to understand what an API is, and it seems I could use Gmail's API.

Now... specifically for game maker, how would I go about doing this? I keep finding tutorials on other languages, but when I think about how to translate that to game maker I don't really get it.

How would I go about using an API with game maker?

4. sp202

sp202 Member