• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How do I send an email with game maker?

M

Markus Villalobos

Can someone give me a dummy explanation of how I could send an email using game maker?

I find tutorials on how to do this on other languages like java or python, but I can't find anything for game maker.

I'm not super familiar with concepts like SMTP, PHP, or email servers, but from my research I've seen people talk about these things, although I don't know if they are even necessary to acheive this.

I'll explain what I'm trying to do so you can get a better idea.
Basically, I have a login system, and if you forget your password, I want the game to be able to send a code to your email that you can use to reset your password.

Thanks in advance!

M

Markus Villalobos

Alright, I did some research to understand what an API is, and it seems I could use Gmail's API.

Now... specifically for game maker, how would I go about doing this? I keep finding tutorials on other languages, but when I think about how to translate that to game maker I don't really get it.

How would I go about using an API with game maker?