• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 How do I publish my game to the Chrome Web Store?

M

ManchuMakes

Hi Gamemaker Community!

I am currently working with GM:2 HTML edition.
I would like to publish my game to the chrome web store as an extension but I don't know how to run the game locally.

If someone could please reply that would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

pipebkOT

@ManchuMakes

Of all good websites where to publish your html game like itch.io or gamejolt, why would you choose the chrome store?

https://www.zdnet.com/article/half-of-all-google-chrome-extensions-have-fewer-than-16-installs/

I would like to publish my game to the chrome web store as an extension
No, you can't, chrome extensions don't work like that. have you ever seen a game in the chrome store? there are none.

"games" in the chrome store are just bookmarks that link you to the web page where the game is stored.

if you want to "publish" your html game use webs like itch.io or gamejolt. or facebook instant games
or host your game in your own website.

html games disadvantage is that they can't be selled , they are just freemium with ads or in app purchases.

I don't know how to run the game locally
to test or play your game locally , just compile your game and open the html file
or just click the test button in game maker studio

Last edited: