1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

HTML5 How do I publish my game to the Chrome Web Store?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by ManchuMakes, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ManchuMakes

ManchuMakes Member

Hi Gamemaker Community!

I am currently working with GM:2 HTML edition.
    I would like to publish my game to the chrome web store as an extension but I don't know how to run the game locally.

If someone could please reply that would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. pipebkOT

pipebkOT Member

@ManchuMakes

Of all good websites where to publish your html game like itch.io or gamejolt, why would you choose the chrome store?

https://www.zdnet.com/article/half-of-all-google-chrome-extensions-have-fewer-than-16-installs/

No, you can't, chrome extensions don't work like that. have you ever seen a game in the chrome store? there are none.

"games" in the chrome store are just bookmarks that link you to the web page where the game is stored.

if you want to "publish" your html game use webs like itch.io or gamejolt. or facebook instant games
    or host your game in your own website.

html games disadvantage is that they can't be selled , they are just freemium with ads or in app purchases.

to test or play your game locally , just compile your game and open the html file
    or just click the test button in game maker studio

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019