• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android How do I manually point to files in an expansion?

Zato

How do I manually point to files in an expansion?

When GMS2 generates the zipped expansion file and I upload it and the apk to Google Play Store all the images and sound files are directed to with no issues. However, I have files that are "Included Files" and I need to manually enter the file path in code to have the app access those extra files. I don’t know what file path I should enter?

I am using GMS 2.2.4.372 and the files are large enough that I am using and apk with an expansion instead of aab.

Thanks

Zato

The only thing I have found so far is I need to make the path <shared-storage>/Android/obb/<package-name>/assets/ now how I enter that in GMS2 I have not figured out. The <shared-storage> I believe will change depending on if they have a card in their device or not. And <package-name> changes every time I update the version number.

I found some interesting stuff here on reading expansions but unfortunately, it is a bit above my head and I don't know how to correlate that to GMS2: https://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html#ZipLib