How do I make my file into an msix or appx file?

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by giraffeman210, Jan 6, 2019.

1. giraffeman210

giraffeman210 Member

I am trying to publish my GMS2 game on the microsoft store but it needs to me an msix file or an appx file. I have a developer licence but it only downloads as an exe file. How do I do it?

Thanks!

2. Toque

Toque Member

Google msix packaging tool. I’ve never used it but it will provide some starting info until someone can help more.

3. giraffeman210

giraffeman210 Member

Is there a better way to publish to pc where people can stumble upon my game that I don't know of?

4. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

Did you purchase the UWP license? I believe you need that for publishing to the windows store. If you have purchased it, you need to select the appropriate target in the top right corner of the IDE.

upload_2019-1-6_9-29-20.png

I don't have that export, but this is where you would see it if you have that license.

5. giraffeman210

giraffeman210 Member

Yeah I have the licences for GMS2 and Microsoft and targeted it to windows and all that. The problem is that Microsoft only lets you upload MSIX and APPX files and GMS2 only creates files in exe formats

6. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

Toque likes this.