• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows how do I make and executable file of my game

sadsack

I have Version 2.3.1.542, I a made a simple zobie shooter came. I can't make an executable of it. I want to make an executable for windows.
I just purchase game maker studio 2 , I downloaded some videos from you YouTube on how to do it. No luck so far.
Does anyone know a good place that have a tut. on how to do it.
This is the error I get "Packages can not be built for the selected platform" I have windows selected.
Thank you
sadsack

O.Stogden

If you just purchased it, you may need to restart GMS2 before you can export.

If you purchased a Creator's license, make sure you got the Windows license and not the Mac license.

O.Stogden

GMS2 should ask for the login details of your YYG account, when you sign in it should activate your licenses for use with GMS.

If you made a different account that you bought them on, you can go to File > Logout in GMS2 and then login again using the account you bought it on, it should work then. If that is the issue.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You may want to censor the "bad stuff" in that screenshot.

Note that you may need to explicitly log out and back into your YoYo account from within the IDE as instructed by @O.Stogden after purchasing any modules. This should force a license check.

sadsack

Well I knew bitter to buy Gm. YoYo ripped me of about 15 years, now the did it again. I try every think you said to do. Now I can't even login.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Now now, nobody's getting ripped off here... technical difficulties on either end don't equal a rip-off, do they? ;)

Please elaborate on your inability to log in. What stops you from doing so?

sadsack

I can login with no problem. I just can't get game maker to make a executable file. I made a simple game and I can't save it as a stand lone file. I went to you tube and found 4 tut on how to do it. None worked. Oh yes I know it is my computers. No it is not, I have 6 computers here. I have one for making 3D models, one for 2Dart work, one for unity, one Dark bacis , and on other for nothing to do with game making. None of the computers are ever online. I try each one the above computers online to try to get executable . No luck, I been making games from 2000. I just don't know what to do, I know I don't need the headache.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Note that the machine you run GMS2 on needs to be connected to the internet once in a while for license verification.

Please verify that the account you are logging into the IDE with actually has the licenses associated with it. To do so, log into your account and head over to the Products page. Do the licenses show up here?

If so, please check your export target settings. (That's the crosshair icon in the upper-right corner of the IDE.)
Set them to Platform: Windows and Output: VM. This is to ensure that you're not trying to compile using YYC, which would require additional setup steps. The VM export should work out of the box.

Have you logged out of the IDE and back in already? As in, were you prompted to log back in when you opened the IDE again?

rIKmAN

Hi, yes I paid my money. Here is what I paid for, see photo:
I went back and downloaded it again. It never ask me to enter and thing to show I paid for it.
How do I show I paid for it?
The screenshot you posted is from the "Get" page on the YYG website and does not confirm what licences you actually own.
Login and go to GameMaker > Products in the left hand menu and verify that the licences you purchased are showing as registered and valid.

Then as Tsuka said, verify in the GMS2 IDE that the exports you bought are showing up as valid export targets in the top right.
If not, logout of the IDE, close GMS2, reopen it and log back in with the same account you used to make the purchases and then check again.

Loggin out / back in forces a licence refresh from the servers so you should be online to allow it to pull the latest licence information as it may be the case that your local cached licences have not been updated since the purchase because you mention that none of your machines are online.

If you transferred the installer via USB (for example) it probably has a trial licence cached and so you won't be able to compile as the trial does not allow you to do that.
I'm not sure you can install it at all without an online connection (never tried to) but if you can then logically that would make sense.

Unrelated question because I'm curious - why do you have 6 machines that do one specific task each?

sadsack

I got it fixed where I can do what I need to do. Brought the wrong thing. Yoyo is sending my money back, then I will try to get the right program.
Thank you all for your help
Renny

sadsack

rIKmAN

I just had all the computers, so that is just how I did it.
I may be just weird, who knows. I like my food om my plate not to touch too.

sadsack

I got every thing working, game maker sent my money back, then I paid for game maker desk lic.
I got it download, install and working.
Thank you all for the help