How do I make an online data base?

Acid Reflvx

Hello,

I'm wondering how I can turn my blank domain (I haven't had any experience with making websites other than Google Sites) into a data base, like how Geometry Dash does for their levels. I look to do the same thing. Is there a way I can easily?

rytan451

Store the data describing each level on the website, as well as a list of all the levels. Then, when the game requests for the list of levels, the server can send the game its list. And, when the game requests for the data describing a single level, the server can send that data. At the simplest, you could just make each level a single downloadable file, and make the list of levels return a list of filenames.

For example:

example.com/gamename/levelindex
Code:
level1
level2
level3
level4
example.com/gamename/levels is a folder holding the files level1, level2, level3, level4. These are probably going to be a custom save format that you made.

When you want to create a new level, upload the level file under a new filename and update the levelindex file to include the new file. This is the simplest way I can think of, and it's safer since the players are not able to change your website themselves.

Acid Reflvx

Store the data describing each level on the website, as well as a list of all the levels. Then, when the game requests for the list of levels, the server can send the game its list. And, when the game requests for the data describing a single level, the server can send that data. At the simplest, you could just make each level a single downloadable file, and make the list of levels return a list of filenames.

For example:

example.com/gamename/levelindex
Code:
level1
level2
level3
level4
example.com/gamename/levels is a folder holding the files level1, level2, level3, level4. These are probably going to be a custom save format that you made.

When you want to create a new level, upload the level file under a new filename and update the levelindex file to include the new file. This is the simplest way I can think of, and it's safer since the players are not able to change your website themselves.
So I can upload a file just the way it is, like a txt, to it just like that?