How do I make an Alchemy game?

V

VansiusProductions

Hi guys,
We are trying to make an Alchemy game similar to doodle god and this is how we are trying to do it. However we met some problems on the way and we hope you guys can come up with much better game mechanics than what we have now (which is totally messed up right now)
Basically what we have is on the left 1 row of icons, they're groups. When 1 one them is clicked, it is being selected and will clone itself to the right and display the elements it contains. Also by setting a variable A.

When another group on the left gets clicked, it also clones itself but to the bottom since the first group (aka group A) is selected, so now it's group B and it sets a variable called B.

Any help is appreciated! :)

RangerX

You mean you're trying to do this and you have problems pulling it off?
We'll have to see the code your have first, to understand what you tried so far.
Also, this should go in the programming forum. You should ask a moderator to move the thread unless its me who really didn't understand what you meant to ask.

V

VansiusProductions

You mean you're trying to do this and you have problems pulling it off?
We'll have to see the code your have first, to understand what you tried so far.
Also, this should go in the programming forum. You should ask a moderator to move the thread unless its me who really didn't understand what you meant to ask.
Oh yea, sorry my fault. I'm having trouble with setting the variables with group B, it's just not working , the instance is not showing up either. Here's the code
Code:
if (global.mouseTouch = 1 && global.groupHover != "none") {
  if (global.groupHover = 0 && global.groupSelectedA = "none") {
    global.groupSelectedA = global.groupHover
    instance_create(352,62,obj_group_air)
    global.mouseTouch = 0
  }
  else {
    if (global.groupHover = 0 && global.groupSelectedA != "none" && global.groupSelectedB = "none") {
      global.groupSelectedB = global.groupHover
      instance_create(352,222,obj_group_air)
      global.mouseTouch = 0
      exit;
    }
  }
}