How do i make a 2d Maze horror game

I have no idea how to code and need help, So you see i want like that u can walk around and that u need to exit an (corn) maze, but there are creepy ScareCrows going behind u, Kinda like zardy's maze but 2d, and i want the scarecrows when they touch you you get jumpscared. can somebody help me with that?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
We can help you code, but we certainly can't make your game for you... so I think your first step (and goal) should not be to make a game, but to learn how to program. No real point in trying to do something when you get stuck at the first step, is there? ;)

Did you take a look at the manual and tutorials already? These should be a good starting point.

Pixel-Team

Master of Pixel-Fu
If I can make a suggestion, @Slyddar made a 2d platformer tutorial on Udemy. This was a big help to me personally in getting up to speed in GameMaker. Definitely worth the money if you're serious about becoming a developer. Good luck in your journey!

Amon

yeah i already followed 15 tutorials off 49 minutes and i am learning nothing, so what now
No one is going to make your game. You either find a way to learn; test code, try practical experiments, try other code examples or, open the ide and begin doing something, then come back with a problem related to code and we will help. That's what to do now.

no wait! i wasnt going to ask somebody to make it for me! i just need help with tutorials or something. i dont like stealing

yeah i already followed 15 tutorials off 49 minutes and i am learning nothing, so what now
Not wanting to sound di**ish but, being able to stick to something for more than 5 minutes before calling it quits is a skill that would help you a lot if you want to start making games for real.

no wait! i wasnt going to ask somebody to make it for me! i just need help with tutorials or something. i dont like stealing
Open up GameMaker and code along with the tutorials when you watch them - that's the only way to make any of the information stick when you're first starting out.

and if u ask why i am stoping, i am to dumb to understand these stuff
I’m trying to make a networking game, and it took me the entire day to figure out how to give the players usernames, the ENTIRE day!!! But the point is I am learning how to make a multiplayer game. The thing about programming is that you won’t just absorb information you gotta look at the tutorial and maybe change some values, see what it does. Then try taking that code and try making something else with it. Programming is insanely fun when you figure something out