• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows how do I let one object look at another

K

kaspar Mcluis

After many tries, I am desperate for help

How do I let one object look at another

B

blandanablandana

After many tries, I am desperate for help

How do I let one object look at another
this video from Shaun Spaulding should probably get you started on the right track if you already haven't seen it. It uses the mouse position to point the sprite though but you could just replace that location with a static object's x and y.

simpler solution if you just want the icon to look left and right: if the character or object you want it to look at has a greater x position, use a command to turn the sprite around (which usually involves image_x_scale, although I don't remember the exact command) or something like that.

I'm not sure if you can see the link in my post since I don't have 5 posts yet but it is about video number 3 or 4 in shaun spaulding's platformer tutorial with the stick figure guy. It is about pointing a sprite towards the mouse cursor. Search game maker studio 2 platformer tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator: