• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

UWP How do I get url_open working in UWP?

• Thread starter Estragon Helmer
  • Start date
E

Estragon Helmer

I just want a button in my game that will open a specific website. I used url_open in the mouse event 'left pressed'. It works fine when I run the game as a desktop Windows program, but when I run it as UWP, the button just does nothing.

I've ticked the box for 'use internet' in the UWP permissions, AND in the Win8 one (i know that in the past, some UWP game settings wouldn't work unless they were the same as the Win8 settings) so as far as I can tell, I've done everything that needs to be done.

Is there some other step I need to do, or do I need to use different code for UWP? Or does it just not work in UWP?

Tsa05

Have you cleared your game cache (the broom button)?
Also try saving your project as a new name and then try running the new one.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
please file a bug - we have seen permission issues with url_open which we thought we had fixed but they may have returned with the Creators Update (or you may not be on Creators Update and the code is not handling that).

Russell