• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How do I destroy objects?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You cannot possibly tell me with a clean conscience that you have to ask this question after reading the manual page @Roderick linked.

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Then you're using an old version and didn't specify so in the opening post. Not the best idea if you want to get responses tailored to your version. ;) Also not the best idea to use old versions, as the last one that doesn't support that syntax is probably ancient by now.

In that case, with with.

TheouAegis

What version are you using? This even works way back in GMS1.4 (according to the GMS1.4 docs).
OMG I forgot that was a GMS1.4 thing. I still kept thinking it was GMS2. Probably because I had been using GM8 for soooooo long. Or maybe this wasn't a feature in GMS1.3? I dunno.

...Did GM8 even have inline error detection? I thought it only spat out errors when you hit Play. (It's been a while since my laptop died.)

UPDATE: I did a quick google check. OP needs to update to GMS1.4.9999, since this was added in