• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows How do I delete brushes?

B

Ben Acker

I didn't want to create a brush when I copied a sprite area and I want to know how to get rid of the brush

I

icuurd12b42

How gms2 messed up decades old standard for copy and paste for image is beyond comprehension.

sylvain_l

I didn't want to create a brush when I copied a sprite area and I want to know how to get rid of the brush
you can't except by closing & restarting GMS2 to remove that buffer (if by get rid you meant the little button thing that appears under the default 10 round & square brushes which contain the last five copy/past that you can use as brush if you want or not )

it is unusual, but I don't find it that bad; seriously I would like to see more drawing app offering a buffer of the last 5 cut/copy

I

icuurd12b42

you can't except by closing & restarting GMS2 to remove that buffer (if by get rid you meant the little button thing that appears under the default 10 round & square brushes which contain the last five copy/past that you can use as brush if you want or not )

it is unusual, but I don't find it that bad; seriously I would like to see more drawing app offering a buffer of the last 5 cut/copy
It's is pretty bad actually. try pasting a 1028x1028 image on a sprite of the same size when you dont have the entire canvas showing. it becomes a brush with the mouse at center of the image. try to position that image in a pixel perfect manner... You have to zoom out and scroll the canvas to the point it is entirely visible and click hoping you are right on. then zoom back in and realise you misaligned it...

The paste should drop the image on the canvas and enable that rectangle select mode, which in turns allows me to decide where from the rectangle I want to start dragging at any zoom level and any canvas scroll position.

It you want to paste a brush, right click the brushes and select paste from the (non existent) right click menu