• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam How do i change the runtime location?

hello, i have recently purchased game maker on steam. once i activated and opened it i saw i needed to download the runtime on my C drive. that drive is almost out of space and i have another drive i would like to download it on. how would i do this? help would be appreciated :)

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You could try using a junction point to point the runtime directory elsewhere, but do be warned that this is not an officially sanctioned setup.

Also, you will need space for caching builds and temporary IDE files. Consider cleaning up and/or upgrading your current drive before doing work on it.

i have tried using a junction just now and i cant seem to get it to work. still saying its on the c drive. maybe im not doing something right