GameMaker How can I use the powerfull hardware for my GMS2 Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dwighty4000

My game has been online on Steam for a few days and there have been some negative reviews.
A review rating was e.g. the problem that with a laptop, the computer does not recognize the game as a game and continues to run the game with the Intel HD Graphics GPU, which leads to strong performance problems, alarm events in the game that last 30 times as long as usual and sprite animations, the terrible bugging.
The reason is that the Intel HD GPU is used for this with a load of 100% , but it is only intended for desktop use. A gaming laptop also has an additional graphics card, but will still use the Intel HD because it cannot distinguish my game from desktop operation or a high performance appilcation!
I wrote a Steam Guide on how Nvidia users can fix this problem, but it's only a temporary solution, because only a few really read the guide and prefer to rate the negative and never touch the game again than follow my guide ...
Here is the guide linked to better understand what kind of problem I'm trying to solve:
Because the switch to a graphic card, from the current Intel HD should work automatically for the customers in the future and without following a guide!!

I even tried to ask Nvidia about the problem but without success!

GMWolf

aka fel666
For that to happen the game needs to export certain symbols for the drivers to recognise them. (I don't remember the symbols name off the top of my head but they are different for AMD or Nvidia).
This should really be something that YYG fix. It's a bug if you ask me.

There may be ways to inject symbols into exes once built but none that I know of. Have a look around the internet.

D

Dwighty4000

For that to happen the game needs to export certain symbols for the drivers to recognise them. (I don't remember the symbols name off the top of my head but they are different for AMD or Nvidia).
This should really be something that YYG fix. It's a bug if you ask me.

There may be ways to inject symbols into exes once built but none that I know of. Have a look around the internet.
Nvidia doesn't even seem to be able to answer such special questions. if you try to search for something like this you will only find solutions that are for the "customers" and simply reflect my guide at best ...
But how to do an exe. so influenced that it tells every graphics driver by itself that changing the GPU when running is far too specific?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
And where is your answer?
I think the user was referring to the fact that you already HAVE a post for this issue, and ass such I'm going to close this topic. Please don't post more than one topic for the same issue, and if you have more information to offer then simply edit or bump the original topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.