• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM How can I run through platforms with a jump?

Z

Ziliock

Like in Snow Bros and Bubble Bobble
And please be very specific if you don't know how to do it in Drag'N Drop. I mean: What Action, what Event, what is the function of each variable and stuff like that.
Thanks by the way

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
There are several ways to do this, most of the easy ones require you to check collisions yourself. (A hacky one I used back in the days was to have the jumpthrough objects change to a completely transparent sprite mask when the player was below them and to a normal mask when the player was above them... easily led to glitches if enemies or other players could also jump around, but it's super-easy to make)

I also recommend checking out MariaEngine, my big general-purpose platform game engine. Jumpthrough blocks is one of the core features.