• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion How can I obtain license of gms for more than 3 users?

B

booksmaster

Hello yoyo stuff. My company already owns 5 licenses and we keep buying new ones. Can we somehow get one license for say 50 users? The company keeps growing and it is very uncomfortably to have many licenses coz we have to dig though all of them to find a free slot for a new coder. And we also have to revoke unknown sessions to free some slots. It would be very nise if we see all our sessions in one acc. Is it possible? Or do you have some corporate licenses?

S

Sybok

Well you have five copies of GMS2, which gives you 15 licenses. So you have paid $300 and have 15 people making games for you at a minimum.

Sounds like you are winning and YYG are losing out on that deal and you want even more for less?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Licences are personal and unique on a per-person basis. If you require something more large scale, then you'd need to contact YYG through official channels as they do have an "Enterprise" licence that is specifically designed for the situation that you describe. https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us

Well you have five copies of GMS2, which gives you 15 licenses.
No it gives him 5 licences ONLY, where each one can be used on up to three machines. However, each licence is unique and personal and on the three machines it is installed on it should only be used by the same person. Please don't give out erroneous information like this as it encourages people to break the EULA which could get their licence revoked.

S

Sybok

3 x 5 = 15. Got ya!

The whole situation seemed a bit dubious to me anyway from the start. I wasn’t advising any one to do anything, if you re-read my post. I said ‘he’ had 15 licenses. Which he does.

If he does have 50 people working for him using ‘his’ 50 licenses, then yes, ‘he’ is breaking the EULA.

And THAT is why I pointed out YYG is losing out big time...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
They don't have 15 licences, they have 5 and ONLY 5. Those 5 can be used on three machines each, but only by 5 people. The number of licences does not magically become 15 because they can install GMS on 3 computers for each licence. The EULA is very clear on this:

• 3.6. GameMaker Subscriptions. Customers may license various subscriptions for GameMaker, as further detailed at https://www.yoyogames.com/get. Different subscriptions have different functionality and it is up to you to ensure you pick the right subscription for your particular needs. YoYo Games grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited, worldwide licence for the licence duration specified at the time of purchase to: (i) install GameMaker for your personal use on up to three devices in order to develop and publish Publisher Property (e.g. assets and games); and (ii) distribute the runtime portion of GameMaker in object code format only as an integrated and inseparable part of your Publisher Property to third parties to whom you license your Publisher Property, subject in each case to your full compliance with the terms of this User Agreement and payment of all applicable fees. If you would like to discuss a multi-user arrangement please contact [email protected] first. There are special rules for Educational Institutions detailed below.

I repeat, do not spread false information that could cause a user to get their licence revoked.

B

booksmaster

The thing is those three guys determine themselfes as one person :)
I don't want more for less. I just thought there should be some per person plan for comanies like us. Contacted support through the provided form.