• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE How can I move a room from one project to another?

P

PurpleFreezer

I accidentally deleted a room with a lot of content, then reopened the same project thinking it would fix the issue but I guess it auto saves every time I run the game.

I'm hoping to go to an older backed up version of the game and transfer the room from there to the newest version. They're two different projects. How can I do this? There is no simple copy and paste function either by the right click menu or the ctrl + C/V inputs.

I appreciate your help. I'm very stressed out.

Bruchpilot

You can go to the project you want to have to room copied to, right click onto the rooms tab in the resources and choose "add existing.."
It will then pop up a file dialogue where you can navigate to the backup project, dive into the directory structure to the room you want to import and click the file. This will haul over the room and its contents.

This has a few implications though, so you want to make an extra backup of your current project before doing it, just in case.

P

PurpleFreezer

It worked! Thank you very much for the clear solution!

I don't usually use forums so I honestly appreciate the good help.