• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How can I do Text Box ?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I noticed that you've posted two topics so far, both of which were basically a question in the title and more or less the same content in the topic itself.

A word of advice: The questions you've been asking aren't exactly programming questions and more of a "how do I XYZ" type of thing. With the way you're formulating them, the most you're going to get out of these topics is people telling you to look for a tutorial about the subject, referring you to the manual or linking you to assets. All of these will more than likely provide you with more questions than answers if you're not even familiar with the development environment yet, so while we're on the subject, since you keep repeating that you're new, I highly advise against what you're doing right now.

You seem to be attempting to build a game without knowing how to program, or even without knowing how to use GameMaker Studio. Did you ever try to build a machine without knowing how to operate a screwdriver and without knowing the differences between various types of screws? That won't work, either. You'll have to learn and understand how to use tools before you use them, otherwise you'll be screaming for help every time you turn around a corner, and that's neither a good thing for you nor for the rest of the community.

This is not meant to discourage you, all I'm trying to say is that you'll have a much easier time with this if you tackle it from a different angle. Work your way up slowly, experiment with things, don't challenge the final boss at level 1. As in, don't try to make a game, try to learn. Or, if you feel like I'm in the wrong and you really just want to have an explanation of how to do the thing, you can skip the step of posting a topic and go right ahead with searching for a tutorial (for example using Google), because that's the most you'll be getting out of topics like this. ;)

Once you've tried to implement something on your own, then you can come back here and ask us for help with it. We'll be able to provide more specific help at that point. But until then, it's you who has to take the first step - we can't learn for you.