• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE How can I add tabs to the IDE?

Lulu1834

I'm using two monitors, and I like having the debug window on one and the game/main GMS2 window on the other. However, if I drag the debug window over to a separate monitor from the rest of GMS2, none of the IDE layout goes with it (most importantly, none of the debug tabs - Variables, Instances, etc. - that get added).

I've tried saving my layout and loading it, but that just makes a blank workspace tab appear in the main GMS2 window (and dragging this off to its own window doesn't bring any IDE layout either). Couldn't find any other useful way to alter the IDE.

I've also googled every way I can think of saying "how can I add tabs to the GMS2 IDE" and gone over the manual with no useful results. That makes me suspect I'm missing some very obvious solution. If so, feel free to rip into me, but help would still be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!