How can I add live-action footage (MP4s) in GMS2

C

cacklingpumpkins

Hello! I'm new to game development and have an idea for my first game. I am an experienced writer, editor and content creator so I know how to make videos. But one thing I'm curious about is how to add live-action footage or video files into GameMaker Studio 2. The game I plan to make is a Henry Stickman choice based comedy game. I know I'd have to make different video files of each scene and wrong choices but I am unsure how to add these files into the software.

For videos I primarily use both Sony Vegas 12 and/or Magix Movie Edit Pro as I render the videos in MP4 files.

Can something like this even be done? If not then is there some kind of work around or another game development software that can allow me to do what I desire.

chamaeleon

Get an extension from the yyg marketplace that supports your target export platform or platforms. Or more than one if none covers all your desired exports. There is no built in facility for video playback in this manner.

C

cacklingpumpkins

Get an extension from the yyg marketplace that supports your target export platform or platforms. Or more than one if none covers all your desired exports. There is no built in facility for video playback in this manner.
Would you happen to have any specific recommendations for what specific extension I should get?