• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

How big is your Game?

C

Chim

i'm just curious, my game ain't got that much graphics and sounds inside and is still far from complete but now it's around 60mb on Windows.

Wow then it will be in the final Version just 1GB or something like that :x

E

elementbound

Heh. My current project is around 120 MB unzipped. Although, most of it is hi-res PNG textures, the rest of it are the models ( uncompressed binary ).
It also eats around 1 GB of RAM, so I'll have to work on that... :p

Gamerev147

Heh. My current project is around 120 MB unzipped. Although, most of it is hi-res PNG textures, the rest of it are the models ( uncompressed binary ).
It also eats around 1 GB of RAM, so I'll have to work on that... :p
Holy crap! What even is your game?! Lol

K12gamer

I try to keep all my games under 10mb.
Most of my games are education based (for elementary schools).
I use basic drag and drop functions to create them...and try to limit the number of sprites.

Why?
This way my games are compatible (and runs smooth) on old Windows XP machines (That a lot of schools still have).

Jabbers

Just a note that if you don't have GameMaker settings configured so it deletes resources from the disk if you remove it from your project, the size of your project folder will be larger than you might expect.

I try to keep all my games under 10mb.
Most of my games are education based (for elementary schools).
I use basic drag and drop functions to create them...and try to limit the number of sprites.

Why?
This way my games are compatible (and runs smooth) on old Windows XP machines (That a lot of schools still have).
Huh? What does using D&D and imposing a 10mb limit on yourself have to do with creating games for Windows XP?

G

gibberingmouther

i have several GM files that my game is contained in. don't feel like looking at the size - probably not big because i haven't added in a lot of the art yet. though dialogue probably takes up some space. my game will be a couple hours long once it's finished, i think.

Mr Magnus

Viking King
Usually large. I'm usually responsible for a disproportionate amount of the size of the GMC Jam Game Zip because i use a very high fidelity audio that bloats my game. but I generally don't spend a lot of resources in visual assets so it almost balances.

M

Matt Hawkins

My android game went from about 6mb to about 10mb after adding an explosion sound effect.

I

Ivan Arroyo

My profile picture takes up more space than my current game.