• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android [HOT FIX] Billing Library 3 before this date issue

Kaguva

Hi GameMaker-Community

I updated the GooglePlayBillingExtension in the asset Google Play Services by YoYo Games to delete the issue of the deprecation of v2 of GooglePlay Billing API
Starting on August 2, 2021, all new apps must use Billing Library version 3

It works for me, but i need more users to by accepted in the yoyo-marketplace

Just replace the GooglePlayBillingExtension contained in this file:
Download here
For import go to Tools -> Import Local Package -> Select the downloaded file

Note:
Now you are forced to report the purchase with GPBilling_ConsumeProduct() or GPBilling_AcknowledgePurchase()
more info

Feel free of contact me via DM

Regards

Last edited:

Tornado

To my knowledge currently we are also forced to do GPBilling_ConsumeProduct(). Otherwise the payments are canceled. At least in the Google's test system is like that that if you don't consume the purchase it gets canceled after 5 minutes.

Yoyo can track how many users use your extension over the number of downloads?

Kaguva

To my knowledge currently we are also forced to do GPBilling_ConsumeProduct(). Otherwise the payments are canceled. At least in the Google's test system is like that that if you don't consume the purchase it gets canceled after 5 minutes.

Hi Tornado

You are right now we are forced to call GPBilling_ConsumeProduct() for our consumable products or GPBilling_AcknowledgePurchase() for our durable products or subcriptions

Which extension?
  • the hot fix in my GoogleDrive? -No
  • The extension that they provide? -Im not sure
Please test my hot fix and let me know if works as expected for you

Regards

I have used following instruction to implement a Google Play Store IAP https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...1-Android-Using-The-Google-Play-IAP-Extension which includes the GPBilling_ConsumeProduct() and GPBilling_AcknowledgePurchase()

I've also updated the GooglePlayBillingExtension that you have provided. the IAP is working smoothly and with no issues.

but, I'm still getting a warning message from google play mentioned that I'm not using version 3.

Are you sure that this is the only thing that need to be implemented?

Kaguva

I have used following instruction to implement a Google Play Store IAP https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...1-Android-Using-The-Google-Play-IAP-Extension which includes the GPBilling_ConsumeProduct() and GPBilling_AcknowledgePurchase()

I've also updated the GooglePlayBillingExtension that you have provided. the IAP is working smoothly and with no issues.

but, I'm still getting a warning message from google play mentioned that I'm not using version 3.

Are you sure that this is the only thing that need to be implemented?
Yes, if you changed the extensions correctly im sure that you are using IAPs v3

Regards

clee2005

Hi GameMaker-Community

I updated the GooglePlayBillingExtension in the asset Google Play Services by YoYo Games to delete the issue of the deprecation of v2 of GooglePlay Billing API

Download here

Note:
Now you are forced to report the purchase with GPBilling_ConsumeProduct() or GPBilling_AcknowledgePurchase()
more info

Regards
Thanks for this @Kaguva ! Very handy when I went to submit an update today as it is now mandatory from Nov 1.

rjrj2020

Hi GameMaker-Community

Download here

Note:
more info

Regards
Its saving as .yymps from google drive. When I try to import it as described above, there is no file found .
I tried renaming it to yymp but then it doesnt work. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

clee2005

Its saving as .yymps from google drive. When I try to import it as described above, there is no file found .
I tried renaming it to yymp but then it doesnt work. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?
@rjrj2020 just save the file as .yymps and then drag it onto your GMS2 project. It should offer to import the file as an extension.

SnoutUp

Thank you for this fix, it saved my butt! I see that not much changed with regards of official mobile extension support.

rIKmAN

Thank you for this fix, it saved my butt! I see that not much changed with regards of official mobile extension support.
They split the Google Play Services extension into a different asset but there were issues with it serving the older version when downloaded from the marketplace, instructions from YYG staff here:

SnoutUp

They split the Google Play Services extension into a different asset but there were issues with it serving the older version when downloaded from the marketplace, instructions from YYG staff here:
I found that post and tried that extension, but the build failed and I had no clue on how to make it work with other extensions I'm using. And "More info" links to the main yoyo site, not... info. Post says I should download through library rather than website, but library download simply fail with some new verification error...

It's the same every time some kind of important update is needed, so I'm used to these headaches. Luckily community patches things up most of the time :)

rIKmAN

I found that post and tried that extension, but the build failed and I had no clue on how to make it work with other extensions I'm using. And "More info" links to the main yoyo site, not... info. Post says I should download through library rather than website, but library download simply fail with some new verification error...

It's the same every time some kind of important update is needed, so I'm used to these headaches. Luckily community patches things up most of the time :)
Ah, yeah maybe some conflict with one of your other extensions then as trhe person in that thread said both ways worked for them.

One of the methods works for you though so all good.