• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beta HighScore - Easy Online HighScore System

2drealms

HighScore v0.0.1
Easy Online HighScore System

Introduction
HighScore will allow you to maintain a remote high score system for your game projects. It's as simple as pointing to a MySQL database with create table access (all tables will be created automatically). You can then post and list your scores.

Download
OneDrive: Link

Current Features
  • Remote MySQL database
  • You only need to point to a remote MySQL database with create table access
  • Table will be created and maintained automatically
  • You can list scores ranked by score, sorted by skill and date range
  • Non-blocking asynchronous operations

Usage
  • You need to setup a remote MySQL database. In this demo, I am using one from https://www.freemysqlhosting.net/ for use in this beta. Please do not abuse as I have converted it a paid account so that I can have multiple databases for testing. I encourage you to setup your own account. It easy and fast.
  • See the demo for example of how to setup and use for non-blocking operations.

Feedback
I'm trying to get feedback on ease of use, performance and general use-case issues. The MySQL hosting service is very far my location, of which I choose on purpose to test out latency issues, so please let me know on this.

If you any comments, questions, concerns, suggestions etc., feel free to contact me in the forums, website and social media.

Function List
Code:
R2D_HighScore_State
R2D_HighScore_Connected
R2D_HighScore_Close
R2D_HighScore_LastError

R2D_HighScore_SetHost
R2D_HighScore_SetUser
R2D_HighScore_SetPassword
R2D_HighScore_SetDatabase
R2D_HighScore_SetTable

R2D_HighScore_Connect