Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.
With Windows IDE V184.108.40.2069 with default settings (60fps) I get:
Unfocused - CPU between 0.8%-1.4% and GPU between 1.0%-2.0%.
Focused - CPU between 4.5-6.0% and GPU between 11%-12%.
This machine is up-to-date Windows 10, i7-7700, 6GB 1060 so nothing special but your numbers are abnormally high.
Are you also using the Windows IDE or Mac/Linux?
1) What are your specs and has this just started happening recently or always been like it?
2) Is it an especially large project?
3) Is it a laptop that could be being throttled and/or using onboard graphics instead of the discrete GPU?
4) Any software that might need GMS2 whitelisting to prevent realtime scanning/monitoring?
5) Are your OS and drivers upto date?