• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Hiding functions in extensions??

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
As opposed to GMS1 in GMS2 you cannot directly toggle if you want to hide functions inside extensions.
So I went ahead and took a look inside the YY file.. it turns out there is a "hidden" flag there :) Nice!!
But when i set it to "true" nothing happens... functions are still showing in the IDE.. what am I doing wrong?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
what am I doing wrong?
Expecting undocumented behaviours to work when there is nothing to say that it should? :p

Seriously though, it would be worthwhile contacting YYG and requesting that this feature be added back in (and mention that the file format still maintains the flag, even though it's not currently used).

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Expecting undocumented behaviours to work when there is nothing to say that it should? :p

Seriously though, it would be worthwhile contacting YYG and requesting that this feature be added back in (and mention that the file format still maintains the flag, even though it's not currently used).
What means can I use to contact them?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Just from GMS go to the Help menu and File A Bug. I know it's not a bug, but it all goes through the same system.