• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows hi i finished my game but i can't export it in an .exe because i use the free edition, how can i export it?

A

ArthurSoares

oi eu terminei o meu jogo, mas não consigo exportá-lo em um .exe porque uso a edição gratuita, como posso exportá-lo?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Buy a creator licence. It's $39 for a year... :)

PS: Please use english in all posts on the forum. It keeps things clear if we all speak the same language, even if it's done using Google Translate.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
The free version does not allow export. At least that is what the website says. Older versions that had free versions had different limitations, like not allowing more than a certain amount of resources, objects, rooms, etc... this version GMS2 simply doesn't allow export but lets you do everything else it seems.

You best bet, if you feel like you are able to use the software and like it, is to purchase it. There is the creator version, which is kind of like a subscription, costs $39, but limits you to windows or mac only, depending on which you get. There is also the developer version for $99, which is a permanent license for Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu. If you know for sure you are going to get your money's worth, that is a better option since it has more exports and is permanent. Lastly, there are other exports, such as HTML5 and mobile, that cost more, but of course let you export to those platforms.

chamaeleon

The dolar in my country is 4R$ /:
And the Japanese Yen is 107JPY for 1USD. It's not the exchange rate that matters but how much you make in your local currency and how that compares to another earner's income in a different country after currency conversion, in order to make a comparison of affordability for one person vs another. The exchange rate is irrelevant by itself.

gnysek

The dolar in my country is 4R$ /:
If your game is worth making an exe, you should be able to get this ~220 BRL (39 USD) back. Also, you can ask somebody with license to make an export, I think it's legal. This is against License.

39 USD is not that much, even in Brasil. You pay more for internet or mobile phone by year (creator licence is also for year). Just save about 18-20 R$ every month if you're not that rich and you'll get it one day.

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Also, you can ask somebody with license to make an export, I think it's legal.
NOOOOOOOOO! It's most certainly against the terms of service, see section 3.7: https://www.yoyogames.com/legal/eula

3.7. Exporting Content. If you hold the appropriate level of GameMaker licence, you may export your Publisher Property to applicable third party platforms such as iOS and Ubuntu as permitted by us (further details can be found at www.yoyogames.com). You agree that any such exporting is at your own risk and may be subject to additional terms and conditions depending on the applicable third party platform, which we suggest you read carefully before exporting any content. In no circumstances are you permitted to export a third party's content or export your own content via a third party's GameMaker licence.

chamaeleon

Isn't that problem "circumventable" by selling/licesning the project to the exporter, followed by licencing the output, terms in both directions to be agreed upon by the two parties involved? I am looking forward to arguments that somehow distinguish this from any other form of licencing that takes place with marketplace resource, itch.io, or anything else. I'm tired and am just looking to stir up trouble.

DPMlofty

oi eu terminei o meu jogo, mas não consigo exportá-lo em um .exe porque uso a edição gratuita, como posso exportá-lo?
oi mano, sou br tmb ent posso te falar melhor, seguinte, para exportar os jogos vc precisa da versão paga do programa. Porem no site oficial deles custa 100 dolares (550 reais), um valor mt alto, eu te recomendo comprar pela Steam, q sai por 150 reias.