Asset - Extension Heyzap Mediation Ads Extension (UnityAds, Chartboost, Adcolony, Applovin, Vungle, Admob, Tapjoy etc)

silengames

Hm, perhaps objects may not have been updated when creating a new version of the extension. Will fix it in next update.

B

Bryner

Did you download frameworks?
Yes. Is there a reason it's looking for "..\..framework"? Why is it a "\" instead of a "/"? I tried running the command through terminal and it gives me an error too saying it can't be found. I'm on a mac. Is this an issue because macs navigate using "/" and don't know how to read "\"? (see screenshot) 1st command shows no such file or directory, but when I switched slashes, it copied over successfully.

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 10.57.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 10.59.27 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

silengames

I meet such a problem for the first time. Do you have the same problems with any extensions that have "iOSSourceFromMac" folder?
Looks like GMS bug. Do you use GMS for Mac?

M

Mania

Unfortunately Fyber is not supported. I specified all supported networks here and on marketplace page ;)
Fyber has terrible servers which did not send response from time to time. It is the reasone why we do not use HyeZap-Fyber Unified SDK 10.
I see. I was confused by the note on the latest version saying "We have switched back to newest SDK 9 by the official recommendation from HeyZap team due some problems with Fyber. Integration is pretty easy again. No more pain with Fyber anymore!". The way I understood that was that you had problems with Fyber in the past but now it works well! I disabled them anyway because they require 1000 euros before paying you anything.

B

Bryner

I meet such a problem for the first time. Do you have the same problems with any extensions that have "iOSSourceFromMac" folder?
Looks like GMS bug. Do you use GMS for Mac?
Yes, as I remove the extensions from the folder, it gives the same error on the next extension not being found. So in this case, I removed all but google and heyzap, and it gave me the error with "..\google.. not found". Then I removed that, and it said "..\heyzap.. not found".

I've tried to manually copy them to the folder myself, but it still tries to do it's own copy when I build.

Yes I use Gamemaker for mac. There's no other way to develop for iOS without mac / xcode.

silengames

Mania, good decision about Fyber ;)

Bryner, you need Mac for compile through Xcode, but you do not need GameMaker for Mac. You can use GameMaker for Windows and connect to Mac via LAN or WI-FI (as everyone did before release of GMS for Mac).
Anyway it is GameMaker bug. GMS for Mac is pretty new and buggy. So you have sereval options:
1) report about it to YoYo and wait for months.
2) fix this bug manually as you did before.
3) use GameMaker for Windows.

B

Bryner

Well that sucks lol.. Thanks for the suggestions though. I appreciate you taking the time to confirm my thoughts.

Cheers.

B

Bryner

Just wanted to update everyone just in case you run into this issue yourself.

I originally tried to just drag and drop the downloaded framework into my Xcode project and kept on getting a "header not found error" even though it was already there.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 11.08.08 PM.jpg

The solve was to add it through the "Build Phases" menu of your project. See the images below:

Click the little folder icon at the top left to go to your main file tree, then click the blue project icon, then click the name of your project under "Targets" in the main window.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.24.08 AM.jpg

You should now see some tabs at the top. Click "Build Phases". You'll see a section called "LinkBinary With Libraries". Click the arrow to display all the included frameworks, scroll to the bottom and click the + sign to add a new library.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.34.09 AM.png

Navigate to the HeyzapAds.framework and click Open (if you have multiple frameworks that you need to add, just use these steps to include them if you are experiencing issues with the drag and drop - in my case I only needed the HeyzapAds.framework for now).

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.25.00 AM.jpg

Once added, I was able to build and run the project on my iOS device without receiving any errors. There were a few semantic warnings, but it doesn't stop the game from running. This is just how GameMaker creates the project. It's not perfect, but it's a good starting point for now and if you're a perfectionist like me, you could clean up the project when everything else is complete :)

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.41.56 AM.png

I hope this helps someone out there.

God Bless.

silengames

Good job. It is odd, because dragging libs to Frameworks folder worked fine before (with extension v2). What Xcode version do you use?

B

Bryner

Oh, I see.
I use 8.3.1 coz it works fine with both GMS 1.4 and GMS 2.
I may update to the latest Xcode and see how it works. Only problem is I use a hackintosh and I always have to make sure everything is going to run smooth before I update to the next system. Looking to get High Sierra installed, but I'm afraid the new AFS (Apple File System) may cause a ton of issues that I'm just not ready to deal with right now, so we'll see.

I've created another thread on the GMS2 technical support forum because it keeps navigating through my folders using a forward slash and then looking for the file with a backslash. Definitely a gamemaker bug on macOS. Smacking my head against the wall at this point lol.

G

gabrielcrowe

I'm having the same problem as the person with 'header not found error'. but his solution did not work for me. This is overly complicated, full of errors and not a good experience.

I'm trying to build for iOS with XC 9.1 can you tell me is this even possible?

Very frustrating. Please help.

silengames

Did you download ZIP with Frameworks abd extract it to "iOSSourceFromMac" folder?
XC 9.1 is ok. I use it for my projects.
What is your OSX? As far as I know High Sierra have some problems from GMS side. I use 10.12.6.

G

gabrielcrowe

I'm on OSX 10.12.6
I downloaded the zip and extracted. In fact, I followed all the instructions.

Can you take a screenshot of your folder structure for this please, the instructions on where to put them was vague and some parts of the help files confusing and lacking information.

Is the heyzap SDK included in this or do i need to go get it? Where do i get it? What version.

So many problems.

G

gabrielcrowe

i notice your adcolony framework zip is a different size to mine. is this the problem?

the file i downloaded was: heyzap_ios_frameworks_3.0.2.zip yes?

G

gabrielcrowe

I removed all previous extensions and the zip with this in the sources folder and it still comes up. How can I find whats causing this?

I had the free adcolony extension in my project at one point and i think its that. I have no idea how to remove it fully other than deleting the extension, which i've done.

since ive removed the zip from your folder and cleared the cache this still comes up. Any more ideas?

Attachments

G

gabrielcrowe

I dont think its pulling the files across properly, not unpacking them or something. This is what my xcode project folder looks like after game maker has created it. Some files look like they are missing.

Attachments

G

gabrielcrowe

I've tried absolutely everything and everything i try just comes up with more errors. I apologise if this makes me come across is an idiot but I really think something is wrong. I'm going to stop trying to fix this for today before i lose my patience with it. Am I the only person with these problems :(

silengames

Okay. Create a new project, create one room, add Heyzap extension, add Frameworks to "iOSSourceFromMac", and try to compile it.

Last edited:
G

gabrielcrowe

For your info, here is my setup:

- Game maker 1.4.1772 (r42005)
- Xcode: Version 9.1 (9B55)
- Heyzap is correctly setup online
- zip files you provided are in the right place
- all zips are present

G

gabrielcrowe

You're not going to believe this but for a reason i'm unable to understand i got it building and it seems to be working. I really don't understand why.

I randomly ticked and unticked a couple of boxes in xcode that should not make a difference and it worked.

:/

silengames

It is great news.

About you previous error. Have you added ZIP with Chartboost framework? If so, do you use my ZIP or from HeyZap web-site?

G

gabrielcrowe

I did everything the help said, in the order it was explained but i dont think the problem was that..

since there are so many version of xcode, and so many different settings what made this crazy is that it just randomly started working. I dont even remember which setting i toggled. I think it was this one on the right for tests, i built, it failed, then i unticked and it worked.

I dont' even know if it was that.

Attachments

silengames

Hm, as far as I remember "Tests" build is for simulator. But simulator do not supported as I specified in docs (deal device only). Try to check your GMS preferencies -> iOS -> iOS target. You should select "Device".

D

djrain

How exactly do I detect when the interstitial ad has been dismissed so that I can resume the game? The documentation doesn't really explain this.

Also, the documentation refers to a "demo" that doesn't seem to exist. Where is it?

D

djrain

Okay, it seems to be working well.

However, when a banner is first shown, the whole screen goes black for a fraction of a second, which is quite annoying. Is there a way to fix this?

silengames

First time I hear about such a problem.
Android / iOS? Which network shows this banner? Have you tried other banners from other networks?

D

djrain

First time I hear about such a problem.
Android / iOS? Which network shows this banner? Have you tried other banners from other networks?
iOS.

I have it set up to show banners from AdMob, Applovin and HeyZap Exchange. As far as I can tell, the issue happens with both AdMob and Heyzap. I'm not even sure whether I'm getting banners from Applovin (running in test mode doesn't show a banner option for that network for some reason). I'm also not sure how to tell which network served the banner. The output says "banner shown" but doesn't specify the network...

Last edited by a moderator:

silengames

Hm, you are right. I am able to reproduce this issue with latest GMS 2. I compile all my games with GMS 1.4 and there is no such issue. YoYoGames changed something fundamental in GMS 2. I will let you know when I find a solution for GMS 2.

EDIT: Have you tried official YoYoGames extension with Admob banners for latest GMS2? I am wonder if there is the same issue.

EDIT2: I tried all both methods for adding banners which offered by HeyZap docs, but I still can see black flash. Flash appears only once after banner created or after banner deleted or after changing position. When refreshing and hiding - there is no balck flash, so this is good news :) As quick solution you can create banner from very beginning on loading screen. You can see black flash but it will not be very critical. If you will need to remove banner, just HIDE it, not DELETE. To unhide banner - use a function for creation again.

EDIT3: Bad news. I am unable to fix it from my side. I am sure every extensions which add something to main "view" have the same issue. But there is the only "view" which YoYoGames allow as to use. Actually you can see this flash after creation and deletion of static or video ads too. This issue starts after YoYo added a fix for a bug which I talking about in docs (HeyZap_GMBugFix method). But my fix works perfect, but YoYo fix create black flash. The only way to fix it - report a bug to YoYo. But perhaps we will wait a solution very very long... it is an another reason why I still use GMS 1.4.1763 which dated October 2016 but still the most stability.

Last edited:
D

djrain

Hm, you are right. I am able to reproduce this issue with latest GMS 2. I compile all my games with GMS 1.4 and there is no such issue. YoYoGames changed something fundamental in GMS 2. I will let you know when I find a solution for GMS 2.

EDIT: Have you tried official YoYoGames extension with Admob banners for latest GMS2? I am wonder if there is the same issue.

EDIT2: I tried all both methods for adding banners which offered by HeyZap docs, but I still can see black flash. Flash appears only once after banner created or after banner deleted or after changing position. When refreshing and hiding - there is no balck flash, so this is good news :) As quick solution you can create banner from very beginning on loading screen. You can see black flash but it will not be very critical. If you will need to remove banner, just HIDE it, not DELETE. To unhide banner - use a function for creation again.

EDIT3: Bad news. I am unable to fix it from my side. I am sure every extensions which add something to main "view" have the same issue. But there is the only "view" which YoYoGames allow as to use. Actually you can see this flash after creation and deletion of static or video ads too. This issue starts after YoYo added a fix for a bug which I talking about in docs (HeyZap_GMBugFix method). But my fix works perfect, but YoYo fix create black flash. The only way to fix it - report a bug to YoYo. But perhaps we will wait a solution very very long... it is an another reason why I still use GMS 1.4.1763 which dated October 2016 but still the most stability.
Thanks for the info.

Do you think you could submit a bug report, since you're more familiar with the issue?

Why can't we run small banners in landscape view? In Googlemobileservices we can run small banner both in portrait and landscape view but not in Heyzap. I have to use both extensions because of that problem. I need to run small banner in landscape view as my game has been designed that way. Please help me on that.

silengames

Have you tried to ask HeyZap support about it? [email protected]
Did you try to load banner in landscape in test mediation suite (test mode)?

EDIT:
I have checked landscape on one Android (Xiaomi MI5) and one iOS device (iPhone 6 plus). Banner was loaded but it align to the left side of the screen. As I remember it loaded in the center in previouse HeyZap SDK versions. It is strange.
What is your device?

Last edited:
I am using GM Studio v1.4.1773 and my android device model is micromax a110q. Test mediation suite don't appear in landscape but always portrait so couldn't test. So is there no way to run small banner ads in landscape like how we used to call them in googlemobileads with-

GoogleMobileAds_AddBannerAt(global.Admob_bannerId,GoogleMobileAds_Banner,0,0)

silengames

Well, I can see test mediation suite in all 4 orientations. Perhaps your locked some orientations in GMS settings or locked it on your device.

Anyway seems it is SDK related issue. I can not control how it works from the extension side. Please contact [email protected] perhats it is known issue.