Henry ( ▪ _ ▪ ) Top Down 360° Action/Adventure Pixelart Weirdness

G

Geoff Moore

Follow Henry (and me) on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RideTheMammoth

I've been working on this for a few weeks now between music commissions, and it's going well enough that I'm ready to show off some very early progress. The art above is all my work, but I've used some cc0 assets as placeholders for the dungeon background tiles in these gifs for now so I can focus more on the development side of things. I've hit roadblocks on a few projects in the past after falling into the trap of jumping straight into making assets without getting things working first, so I'm trying to do things more 'sensibly' this time.

So far I've been working on:

ADVENTURE!
(final game will feature even more adventure)

ACTION!
(field of play is wider in-game)

CONVERSATION!
(placeholder dialogue... or is it??)

It's early days but any feedback is appreciated. More soon, thanks for looking!

L

Lucia

OMG i love this style. like a new type of pixel art. fluid animation and also funny! Please, release a demo as soon as possible!

G

Geoff Moore

@Lucia Thank you very much! I'd like to release a demo soon, I want it to at least have one full level with a few mechanics so you can get a good feel for it.

I've been working on some simple dungeon tiles, and a script that generates crumbled edges and stone details on dungeon creation (both need work):

Also, and more excitingly, I am working on an innovative game travel mechanic which I call 'walking'.
Here's a mock-up of how it could work:

Reactions: JCJ
F

FROGANUS

looks like a fun project!
sliding off the edge into the abyss looks fun- cant wait for.. walking off the edge into the abyss?? ;)

G

Geoff Moore

@FROGANUS Thanks! And how do you get inside my head

Progress is happening!
-Made teeth walls
-Made Henry walk
-Gave him a lil backpack cuz he looked weird from the back
-Made some characters (coming soon!)