• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Help with HTML5

S

Sublantis

Hi,

I'm very new to Game Maker Studio and have been following the beginner tutorials like Space Rocks by Friendly Cosmonaut. When testing in HTML5 a lot of the game elements are missing (asteroids and bullets). Is there something I am missing?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

The-any-Key

Make sure to clear the browsers cache.
Make sure to clear the project in GMS. (Click the broom)

Crome often cause problems like these. Sometimes I need to "save as" the project with another name to make crome re-load the texture pages.
Firefox works better for HTML5 tests.

S

Sublantis

Thanks for the reply. Cleaned both and still coming up stumps. Went through the debug console in chrome and I keep getting Error: Trying to create an instance on a non-existant layer. Pretty confused about it because I only have the BG and Instances layers.

Attached a screen grab of the error.

Attachments

R

Reyes

Al exportar a html5 hay muchos errores, a veces el programa se exporta bien para "windows" pero no para html5, esto se debe a que la compilación a "html5" es diferente.

When exporting to html5 there are many errors, sometimes the program is exported well for "windows" but not for html5, this is because the compilation to "html5" is different.

html5 no acepta objetos padres
html5 does not accept parent objects

The-any-Key

Make sure you use get_layer_id().
If you try use layer names as string in other scrips it won't work. Bug in html5 module.