• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Help with fullscreen stuff!

A

Aki

Hi!

I'm making my first game ever and it will be shown at an art exhibition, here in Finland.
Is there anyway to make sure, that player can't leave the game when it's in fullscreen (the game will be played on windows 10) I was wondering that can I disable windows own shortcuts, like alt + f4 or alt + tab using GML ? I try to make it hard to leave the game so people can't do anything else with the computer - for example delete the game or something like that.
And can I disable the power button? :D

S

strelokhalfer

If memory serves me, "kiosk mode" works only with UWP apps(and requires UAC), so better to deal this with Dll and low-level system hook. Wrote a small library that forces Windows to ignore ALT+TAB and ALT+F4(But I was too lazy to diable hook if active another window, so until game is opened these shorts will not work anywhere). Example project here, sources for dll included.
P.S. You can disable power button in Power Options menu in Windows.