• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Help with falling slowly with vspeed

S

Singing Nun

Hello. :)

I'm a bit new to this, and I'm trying out drag'n'drop-gravity. But I've encountered a problem where I really dont know why it acts the way it acts (attached an image).

I have a step event. First of all I'm telling the object that if its collision free under the object, the gravity will get direction 270 and gravity=0.5 ELSE (as I'm understanding if the object meets something solid) it will get direction 270 and gravity=0 followed by vertical speed = 0 (because I need the object to stop and not continue sinking). However, when I put out the vertical speed to 0 it begins falling extremely slowly. I have no clue why.

Can anyone explain why my logic doesnt work?

Attachments

jo-thijs

You forgot to use blocks.
Without using blocks, the else is only applied to the first next action, not the 2 next actions.

S

Singing Nun

You forgot to use blocks.
Without using blocks, the else is only applied to the first next action, not the 2 next actions.
Ah, that would explain it, didn't know that it only worked with the first action. Thank you for the help. :) Really appreciate it!