• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Help With Empty Export

Hello everybody, my name is Malik Hardin, and this is my first post here. I was hoping I could get some help on this forum for my current situation. I'm taking a college course at the moment that corresponds with this software and has run into a big problem saving and sending the files to my professor. He requests that we export the project and zip the folder to send it all to him. But in checking if my project is working by opening the sent project, I'm faced with an empty workspace that ignores my request to extend the assets browser, which is where all my stuff is located at one point when I opened up the project. At the same time, in GameMaker, instead of the sent file is pulled up. But now, I don't think even that works, and I don't think he can even open it that way. GameMaker would sometimes say it's been submitted to an unsafe location even though it's in the same spot as the other projects. Moving it anyway results back to what happened above. I have contacted him about this five days ago and haven't received a response, and his online meetings aren't set up. If anyone has any suggestions that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Try this... In your project reset the layout from the Windows menu option in GameMaker. Then use the Save As option and save the project to a new location. Restart GM and load this copy of the project and see how it looks. If all is well, either try exporting a YYZ or simply zip the entire project. If that fails for some reason, try using YYPMaker on the project copy to clean it: https://sahaun.itch.io/yyp-maker
Then try the export again (you may need to reorder rooms and things first... Read the instructions with YYPMaker)

PS. I've changed your topic title to something more descriptive... 😉