• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Help with cocoa pods for Game Maker Project

ho88it

I am working on a project, and I followed this guide:

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008958858-iOS-and-tvOS-Using-CocoaPods

to set up cocoa pods for my project, since I want to use ads in it. However, since completing this guide, I have been having a problem. Whenever I click the play button to build my project, Xcode fails to open, and game maker says my project ran successfully, but if I scroll up I see this message:
Code:
Pod install result: [33mWARNING: CocoaPods requires your terminal to be using UTF-8 encoding. Consider adding the following to ~/.profile:  export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
I tried adding this recommended line to the .profile file, but it did not change the result. Any ideas for how I can fix this?

Mool

I had exactly the same issue, I cant remember anymore, but I think I added something to a textfile and then it worked.

I guess it was this:
Consider adding the following to ~/.profile: export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

ho88it

Update: After seeking support from yoyogames staff, I eventually got something working. I was told to follow these steps:
0. Install cocoapods (https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008958858-iOS-and-tvOS-Using-CocoaPods)
1. Generate both podfile and podfile.lock
2. Run from GMS2 IDE (IDE will hang saying pod command not found)
3. Stop the building process
4. open a terminal and navigate to the xcode project and run the command pod install manually (I needed to give the full path to the command, like this: /Users/<User>/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/bin/pod install
5. Open the xcode project but the one that end in .xcworkspace
6. They should now be able to build
This needs to be done every time for a new build, sadly.

JeanSwamp

Update: After seeking support from yoyogames staff, I eventually got something working. I was told to follow these steps:
0. Install cocoapods (https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008958858-iOS-and-tvOS-Using-CocoaPods)
1. Generate both podfile and podfile.lock
2. Run from GMS2 IDE (IDE will hang saying pod command not found)
3. Stop the building process
4. open a terminal and navigate to the xcode project and run the command pod install manually (I needed to give the full path to the command, like this: /Users/<User>/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/bin/pod install
5. Open the xcode project but the one that end in .xcworkspace
6. They should now be able to build
This needs to be done every time for a new build, sadly.
Hello,

I am about to dive into iOS publishing and I am wondering if CocoaPods is necessary. I see the Firebase Extension says:

Code:
Make sure to set up CocoaPods for your project unless you are only using the
REST API in an extension (if one is provided -- not all extensions provide a REST
API) or the Firebase Cloud Functions extension (which only uses a REST API).
I can't really understand to what degree they're needed.

Thanks

ho88it

Hello,

I am about to dive into iOS publishing and I am wondering if CocoaPods is necessary. I see the Firebase Extension says:

Code:
Make sure to set up CocoaPods for your project unless you are only using the
REST API in an extension (if one is provided -- not all extensions provide a REST
API) or the Firebase Cloud Functions extension (which only uses a REST API).
I can't really understand to what degree they're needed.

Thanks
I do not really know much about firebase, so I do not know if you will need it. But to be safe, you could include them in you project. I do not think it will hurt anything if it is there but not used.