• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Help with Access Denied error please.

A

Arcade_Ronin

Been running fine for about 6 months, been running fine since updating to latest version. Starting today I can not even start a blank room. No compile errors but I do see one access denied in the log:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied

This is the only error I can find. I've searched and can only find references to this in 2016 and it appears it had something to do with Anti-Virus software. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Should I submit this as a bug? Thanks

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
GMS 1.4? Open the Game Maker Studio folder in the Explorer and right click, go to properties, security and activate all the markings regarding file permissions, run GMS as an administrator and it will probably work.