• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows help to reanimate your project

G

Guest User

after formatting the disk, the file recovery program found the file project_name.win Question how to open this file, what actions do I need to take to restore my project completely

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You can't restore anything from this file, as that is your game's compiled data. If you made backups of your game prior to formatting, you can load this backup, but that's your only option if file recovery doesn't find your game's source files.

G

Guest User

[QUOTE = "TsukaYuriko, сообщение: 470405, участник: 28"]
Вы не можете ничего восстановить из этого файла, так как это скомпилированные данные вашей игры. Если вы сделали резервную копию своей игры до форматирования, вы можете загрузить эту резервную копию, но это ваш единственный вариант, если при восстановлении файлов не найдены исходные файлы вашей игры.
[/ QUOTE]
I understood, what does compiled mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest User

it weighs about the same as my project, 382 MB. Can machine code really weigh just as much as a whole project with a bunch of textures, 3d models, and so on?

it weighs about the same as my project, 382 MB. Can machine code really weigh just as much as a whole project with a bunch of textures, 3d models, and so on?
Well, I suppose so, as the machine code also includes all the textures, 3D models, and so on, just not in a format readable by any of us.